UPDATE as of May 26th: Clients are able to shop by appointment. There are limited appointment times available each shopping day and safety protocols will be enforced. Click to schedule an appointment: Schedule Appointment
Cool for School Registration will begin Monday, July 13th and run through Friday, August 7th or until the appointments are filled. Children ages 4-18 are eligible and must be clients of the Clothes Closet. *Register here.*
The following safety measures have been implemented and will be enforced. We are following guidelines provided by the CDC, federal and state health departments.
- Clients must be registered for a shopping appointment in order to shop. Please bring your blue card and ID. If you've never shopped with us or expired before March 2020, you'll need a new referral prior to shopping. If there are no appointments available and there's an emergency need, please call our office at 920.731.7834 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All clients, staff and volunteers must wear a mask while in the building.
- If you or someone you've been in contact with has a fever, cough and/or is sick, please stay home.
- Only one person from the card will be allowed to shop for everyone on the card - no children will be allowed on the shopping floor.
- Clients must sanitize hands prior to shopping.
- Dressing rooms will be closed.
- Keep social distance of at least 6 feet from others when able.
- Must complete shopping in 30 mins; reminders will be given.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to keep you and everyone who enters our building safe.
Who do we help?
We serve the working poor, elderly, victims of abuse, children living in poverty, students, homeless, veterans, and those with emergency clothing needs. Clients are referred by a host of human service organizations such as St. Joseph's Food Program, LEAVEN, Riverview Gardens, Harbor House, Pillars, and Workforce Development.
What is the Community Clothes Closet?
We are a local non-profit organization serving our community by providing free clothing to children, women, and men in need. By providing free clothing, our clients are able to stretch their limited income for other basic necessities such as food, shelter, and medicine.
Each registered family member may:
- Shop for free, twice monthly. Receive up to 5 items of clothing for kids and men and up to 10 items of clothing for women, per shopping visit.
- Choose up to 10 pairs of shoes annually.
- Choose 1 winter coat, 1 pair of winter boots, 1 pair of snow pants annually.
- Choose 1 set of towels, a blanket, a pillow and a set of sheets annually.
- Participate in special programs outside the shopping floor, listed below.
- Don't forget, all of our services are free due to the generosity of our community.
Community Clothes Closet Programs
- Shopping Floor: Clients can find clothing for the entire family. Clients receive a set number of items of their choosing twice a month for up to a year to help them get back up on their feet.
- New Start: Provides tasteful, interview-appropriate clothing and coaching tips for clients who have a scheduled interview and once employed, clients can receive a starter wardrobe to help get them back on their feet and move towards self-sufficiency.
- Cool for School: Held in August. Provides brand-new clothing and gym shoes for children in kindergarten through high school seniors going back to school so they can start the new year off right-full of confidence and ready to learn! Our community partners reinforce the importance of emergency plans, cyber security, appropriate after-school snacks, and healthy oral hygiene during the event.
- Baby Kits: New parents receive a baby kit containing newborn clothing, diapers, growth and development information, and other items for newborns aged up to 3 months.
- PajamaRama: Held in December. Provides a new pair of pajamas, book, blanket and stuffed animal for children aged 2-12. Our community partners reinforce the importance of healthy bed time routines, reading before bedtime, appropriate bedtime snacks, and healthy oral hygiene.