Who do we serve?
Since 1980 we’ve been serving the working poor, unemployed, homeless, fixed-income elderly and those facing other obstacles that make meeting their basic necessity of clothing a challenge.
The Community Clothes Closet relies on the generosity of our community to provide clothing and financial donations to keep our shopping floor open and fund programs that provide opportunities for our clients to improve their lives.
Our dedicated volunteers donate their time and talents to help run the Community Clothes Closet so that people in our community can get help with their basic need of clothing.
All of our clients are referred by other agencies in the area regardless of residency. Once registered at the Community Clothes Closet, our clients can shop for free to help stretch their income for other basic necessities.
How do I become a client?
- Get a paper referral from any social service agency you may be working with: St. Joseph’s Food Program, Leaven, Workforce Development, Harbor House, etc.
- Bring in the signed referral form with photo ID and social security cards for each family member; or if you are a member of a local food pantry, present your valid food pantry card with a photo ID to receive services.
Benefits of becoming a client
- You may shop for free twice monthly. Each registered family member may receive up to 5 items of clothing per family member.
- You may choose up to 10 pairs of shoes annually.
- You are eligible to receive towels, blankets, pillows and sheets annually depending on availability.
- The CCC provides services outside of the shopping floor once a year
- New Start Boutique - we provide clothing and accessories for interviews/jobs.
- Cool for School (August) - children in 4K through high school receive brand new clothing, socks, underwear and shoes to help students start the new school year off on the right foot.
- PajamaRama (December) - children aged 2 -12 years receive a new pair of pajamas, a blanket, a book and a stuffed animal.
- Our PajamaRama event will be held December 8th.
- 11/26/2018 UPDATE: This event is full.