Who do we help?
We serve the working poor, elderly, victims of abuse, children living in poverty, students, homeless, veterans, and those with emergency clothing needs. Clients are referred by a host of human service organizations such as St. Joseph's Food Program, LEAVEN, Riverview Gardens, Harbor House, Pillars, and Workforce Development.
Each registered family member may:
- Shop for free, twice monthly. Receive up to 10 items of clothing for kids and men and up to 20 items of clothing for women, per shopping visit.
- Choose up to 10 pairs of shoes annually.
- Choose 1 winter coat, 1 pair of winter boots, 1 pair of snow pants annually.
- Choose 1 set of towels, a blanket, a pillow and a set of sheets annually.
- Participate in our special programs (see below).
- Don't forget, all of our services are free due to the generosity of our community.
Community Clothes Closet Programs
- Shopping Floor: Clients can find clothing for the entire family. Clients receive a set number of items of their choosing twice a month for up to a year to help them get back up on their feet.
- New Start: Provides tasteful, interview-appropriate clothing and coaching tips for clients who have a scheduled interview and once employed, clients can receive a starter wardrobe to help get them back on their feet and move towards self-sufficiency.
- Cool for School: Held in August. Provides brand-new clothing and gym shoes for children in kindergarten through high school seniors going back to school so they can start the new year off right-full of confidence and ready to learn! Our community partners reinforce the importance of emergency plans, cyber security, appropriate after-school snacks, and healthy oral hygiene during the event.
- Baby Kits: New parents receive a baby kit containing newborn clothing, diapers, growth and development information, and other items for newborns aged up to 3 months.
- PajamaRama: Held in December. Provides a new pair of pajamas, book, blanket and stuffed animal for children aged 2-12. Our community partners reinforce the importance of healthy bed time routines, reading before bedtime, appropriate bedtime snacks, and healthy oral hygiene.